Job Title: Part-Time Caseworker (Maternity Cover Fixed Term to 8 October 2021)
Working For: Rosie Duffield MP
Location: Canterbury Constituency
Start Date: Monday 8 March 2021
Salary: £21,529- £31,705 pro-rata
Rosie Duffield g for a part-time caseworker. A demanding 4 day per week role, leading on responses to constituents’ personal casework enquiries, based within Rosie’s busy constituency office. This is a fixed term role to run until 8 October 2021.
The successful candidate will be well-organised with excellent IT and communication skills and, attention to detail. Ideally, they will have some knowledge of housing, welfare benefits and public services with experience of managing casework, confidential and sensitive information. Experience of a similar role would be beneficial. The successful candidate must be available to work Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a range of financial, health, housing and a variety of other issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters
- Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Deal with queries by phone/in person, taking appropriate action to resolve, by gathering information or evidence; then document or escalate their concerns or enquiries in order to progress or close the case
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework, prioritising, logging and updating any actions taken and following up any outstanding queries; with urgent cases reported to the Member
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Considerable adaptability, initiative and creativity in dealing with the varied situations encountered in a constituency office
- A strong understanding of issues that affect Canterbury, Whitstable and surrounding villages
- A desire to develop alongside a constituency office team that collaboratively manage varying workloads and a diverse caseload
- Self-motivation and a willingness and ability to get involved in a wide range of tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to draft complex letters and emails to a high professional standard
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload
- Sympathy to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party.
Parliamentary experience is not essential, but applicants will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the political environment nationally and in the Canterbury constituency.
Role based within the Canterbury constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 January 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 1 February 2021 Interviews will be carried via video conferencing.
Rosie values inclusivity & diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Applications for flexible working will be considered, please detail your request in your covering letter.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter (no longer than one single A4 page) demonstrating how you fit the criteria listed above. In addition to this, please provide an overview, on one A4 side, of how you have previously resolved a complex situation.
Please email your application to [email protected] Email submissions should be marked for the attention of Nicola May and have “Maternity Cover Caseworker 2021 Application [Applicant’s Name]” in the subject field. Due to the volume applications we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.