Please find below the current vacancies in Rosie’s team.
PART TIME CONSTITUENCY COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Rosie Duffield MP is looking for a part time constituency communications manager to work in her busy constituency office. The job role has a focus on media relations and engagement with the local community in the constituency of Canterbury
Working hours: 20 hours per week, working pattern to be agreed with Rosie.
Salary: £23,397-£33,078 pro-rata
- Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels
- Engage professionally, confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face
- Ensure online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP
- Build on the social media presence in the constituency
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Evaluate the impact of external communications activity
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Liaise and engage with external providers and suppliers as and when required
- Manage projects
- Manage the MP’s website contents
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
- Oversee the monitoring and updating of online platforms including the website and social media
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
- Provide briefings for the MP
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
- Research local, regional or national issues to support MPs’ work
- Respond professionally, sensitively, confidentially and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and face to face from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Responsible for the management and development of the external communication presence of the MP office
- Support the MP’s office and objectives through highly effective communication and social media presence
- Produce online graphics and video content across all the MP’s campaigns
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Rosie’s key policy interests. They should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced office. They will be able to exercise good political judgement and use their own initiative to start new, and add to, existing projects. They should have experience in social media, media, communications, graphic production, photography, and video editing. All applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of issues that affect Canterbury, Whitstable and surrounding villages and the ability to establish and build relationships with local groups and organisations
Parliamentary experience is not essential, but applicants will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the political environment nationally and in the Canterbury constituency.
Role based within the constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 November 2021
Interview Date: w/c 22 November 2021
Rosie values inclusivity & diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Applications for flexible working will be considered.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, of no more than 1 A4 side, demonstrating how you fit the criteria listed above.
Please email your application to [email protected] Email submissions should be marked for the attention of Nicola May and have “Constituency Communications Manager 2021 Application [Applicant’s Name]” in the subject field. Due to the volume applications we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.