Rosie Duffield MP is looking for fixed-term constituency assistant until 31st May 2020.
A demanding full-time role, leading on communications and diary management in Rosie’s busy constituency office.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Diary management for the constituency
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially in line with Data Protection Act
- Organising and attending constituency events and surgeries as required
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- considerable adaptability, initiative and creativity in dealing with the varied situations encountered in a constituency office
- a strong understanding of issues that affect Canterbury, Whitstable and surrounding villages and the ability to establish and build relationships with local groups and organisations
- excellent political judgement and the ability to think and plan strategically
- self-motivation and a willingness and ability to get involved in a wide range of tasks
- strong attention to detail
- ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard
- a good understanding of Rosie’s key policy interests
- ability to prioritise a heavy workload
- a strong understanding of and ability to use key social media platforms
- sympathy to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
Parliamentary experience is not essential, but applicants will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the political environment nationally and in the Canterbury constituency.
Role based in Canterbury
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: Thursday 24 October 2019
Interview Date: w/c 4 November 2019
Rosie values inclusivity & diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Applications for flexible working will be considered.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected] demonstrating how you fit the criteria listed above plus the five Twitter accounts you would follow to keep Rosie abreast of local issues and why.