Full Time Parliamentary Assistant
Salary: Withing range of £25,500-£37,466 (dependent on experience)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rosie Duffield MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to support her in her work in her Westminster office and in her role on the EFRA committee. This position requires a person who is an excellent communicator, adaptable and a great team player who will thrive in a busy working environment. This will include attending and arranging meetings and events in Westminster.
This role will suit someone with a minimum of 6 months experience of working in Westminster, with strong research and organisational skills. The role is Westminster based with some travel to the constituency required. Good knowledge of video editing software would be an advantage.
1. Monitoring current and future parliamentary proceedings, press, social media and media, in order to keep the MP advised and updated appropriately
2. Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming Parliamentary business, including how they impact on the constituency
3. Proven research skills with the ability to draft correspondence to a high standard to include speeches, press releases and parliamentary questions.
4. Highly motivated and organised individual who can work to tight deadlines
5. Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly assimilate and present data and information
6. A strong understanding of and ability to use key social media platforms
7. Candidates will be expected to be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 June 2022
Longlisted candidate’s will be notified and required to complete a written exercise
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Zoom or in Westminster week commencing 27 June 2022
Please send the following by email to: [email protected]
Your CV and a letter of application, no longer than 1 A4 side, clearly setting out how you meet each aspect of the post requirements (as numbered above).
Email submissions should be marked for the attention of Nicola May and have “Parliamentary Assistant Application 2022 [Applicant’s Name]” in the subject field. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.