Permanent Constituency Assistant
Rosie Duffield MP is looking for a constituency assistant. A demanding full-time role, leading on communications and diary management in Rosie’s busy constituency office. This is a permanent role.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Diary management for the constituency
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially in line with Data Protection Act
- Organising and attending constituency events and surgeries as required
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- considerable adaptability, initiative and creativity in dealing with the varied situations encountered in a constituency office
- a strong understanding of issues that affect Canterbury, Whitstable and surrounding villages and the ability to establish and build relationships with local groups and organisations.
- excellent political judgement and the ability to think and plan strategically
- self-motivation and a willingness and ability to get involved in a wide range of tasks
- strong attention to detail
- ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard
- a good understanding of Rosie’s key policy interests
- ability to prioritise a heavy workload
- a strong understanding of and ability to use key social media platforms
- sympathy to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
Parliamentary experience is not essential, but applicants will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the political environment nationally and in the Canterbury constituency.
Role based within the Canterbury constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 August 2020
Interview Date: 7 September 2020. Interviews will be carried out in person in our COVID-secure offices. If you would like to request an interview via video conferencing, please detail this in your covering letter.
Rosie values inclusivity & diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Applications for flexible working will be considered including applications for part-time working. Please detail your request in your covering letter.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you fit the criteria listed above plus three credible sources of news and current affairs that you would use to keep yourself abreast of local and national issues and why.
Please email your applications to [email protected]