My team are receiving an unprecedented number of queries about coronavirus and its impact which we are trying to answer as quickly as possible. Government advice changes regularly so, if in doubt, please check the official Government website on coronavirus and its page of FAQs about what you can and cannot do.

Here are some resources which may be useful to you. If you still have a query or think that my office can assist you with something, please do not hesitate to get in touch.


Citizens Advice Bureau: 03444 111 444

Canterbury City Council:

NHS 111:

Support for Self-Isolators

NHS advice:

Community support:

Age UK:

Kent Together:

Food Relief

Canterbury Food Bank:

Local Food Delivery:

Community Support:

Business Support

Canterbury Council:

Government Advice for Safe Working:

HMRC Helpline: 0800 024 1222

Kent & Medway Business Hub: 03333 602 300

Support for the Self-Employed

Government information:

Canterbury Council:

Mental Health

Kent County Council:


NHS advice:

Samaritans: Telephone 116 123

Mental health advice:

Money advice:

Addiction advice:

Domestic Abuse

National Domestic Abuse Hotline: 0808 2000 247

Rising Sun Domestic Abuse Service Canterbury:

Kent Police:


Government guidance for schools

Kent County Council:

Home Office

Email for people with immigration/Home Office issues that may have been impacted by Coronavirus (such as visa applications): [email protected]

Foreign Travel

Foreign Office:

Information for UK citizens overseas:


Kent Police:


If you are fit and healthy and want to help, you can sign up with Canterbury City Council as a volunteer here. If you are in Whitstable you can sign up with the volunteer organisation Red Zebra here.

If you would like to donate to the volunteer community support programme, you can do so here.

Updated 17/07/2020

This information is for residents of Canterbury, Whitstable and the Villages. If you do not live in this constituency it is important that you check with your own local MP as some information differs between local authorities. You can find out who your MP is by entering your postcode here.